On this page we will tell about us and about the purposes of this blog.
Our friends: Guides from around the world
So, let’s begin…
We are Nastia Khanenia and Andrei Salokhin. We travel together since 2013. And it often happens that after we choose the destination, we start making up the trip itinerary, but we can’t find enough systematized information on the place of interest. In this case, we have to look for the pieces of information on different sites, which is not always convenient, moreover sometimes we can’t find the information we are interested in at all. So it was with planning a trip to the Philippines in autumn of 2017, after which we had an idea to create our blog.
We make our best to write blog articles as informative as possible so that they are useful to other travelers.
How exactly can blog travelblogstories help you?
With the help of our blog it will be easier for you to plan your trip and an approximate budget, because we:
- Share our itinerary with it’s full description
- Publish information on basic expenses, for example, transport expenses and the cost of visiting attractions — the sums that all travelers will have +/- identical
- Describe the vacation rentals we stay at, give a detailed review and indicate the cost; of course we understand that different amounts of money go to such items as vacation rental, food and entertainment, and our examples can only serve as a guide
- Give a list of the most popular vacation rentals of different price category, which is based on the reviews of other tourists
- Specify the places to visit with their full description, including information on how to get there, the features of the visit and our impressions
- Give advice on food: we tell in detail about the cafe with their pluses and minuses, we describe the markets, supermarkets and their assortment
- Share great pictures and videos made during our travels
So, what kind of information will the articles of our blog contain?
#1. How to choose your travel destination
Each of us has a wish-list of the countries or the places he would like to visit. Fortunately, every year travel is becoming more affordable. But there’s a number of factors that influence the destination. Our tips will help you make the right choice by combining your wishes and possibilities.
If you have never traveled on your own – this section will help you understand the step by step scheme of self-organizing the trips. And if you are an experienced traveler – for sure you will find in this section new useful tips.
Travel insurance is something that some people sometimes do not pay attention to. In this section we talk about the obvious need for insurance and give advice on the most profitable acquisition of it.
#4. Tips to find cheap flights
It’s nice to find cheap flights in the direction you need. In this section, we’ll tell you where to search for them. Having received this knowledge, you definitely will not be the passenger who paid the most expensive price for a seat among all passengers of the flight, just the opposite.
Accommodation – is one of the biggest expense items during a trip. We will help you find the best deals + we share the list of our favorite vacation rentals.
#6. Get the right gear
Wrong choice of the gear can spoil the mood, create a lot of inconvenience and unpleasant situations. Check out our tips on the right gear and be fully armed!
Tips to save money on accommodation – Vacation rentals costs are almost a key expense item during the travel. Knowing certain techniques will allow you to save significant sums of money. Directly in this section we share the methods of saving on vacation rentals.
#7. Live your everyday life on vacation
Here you will find tips on how to combine vacation with your useful daily habits. For example, in this section you can find short workouts that will help you stay in fit or nutrition tips to feel good.
#8. Tips to find cheap rental cars
Often tourists rent a car and travel on their own to know the country better and feel it’s spirit. Here it is important to be aware of the nuances too, so as not to overpay extra money. Tips on car rental are in this section.
Travel Tips Statistics and Trends
Numbers represent search interest relative to the highest point on the chart for the given region and time. A value of 100 is the peak popularity for the term.
This is selection of solo travel statistics drawn from a variety of travel industry studies
- The popularity of guided tours among solo travelers grew from 21% to 46% between 2013 and 2015. Source
- Between January 1 2015 and December 2017, the number of searches on Google for solo travel has risen significantly. The graph indicates approximately a 40% increase in searches for solo travel. Source
- Between 2013 and 2015 the percentage of people polled who travel on their own grew from 15% to 24% according to the Visa Global Travel Intentions Study 2015. Source
- 17% indicated that they would try solo travel for the first time in 2016 according to a survey of more than 44,000 travelers by online travel company TripAdvisor. Source
Numbers represent search interest relative to the highest point on the chart for the given region and time.
If you are looking for a resource that will tell you how to become an advanced traveler or give you tips on organizing self-planned trips, do not hesitate to join our subscribers.
Nastia & Andrei