When it comes to self-made trips to the Philippines, we are sure that many people have heard a lot about some of the attractions and how it is better to spend time there. However, if you are looking for a visual assistant – a list of what places to visit, what to do and what not to forget to take with you in a trip, then you’ll like our infographics.
Philippines – is a truly perfect place to relax. This country in southeast Asia is becoming more and more popular among tourists. And if 20-30 years ago mainly tourists from Japan, South Korea and the United States traveled to the Philippines, nowadays the islands attract tourists from all over the world. That’s all because vacation in the Philippines is incredibly interesting and exciting.
The nature of the Philippines will surprise even the most experienced traveler — on the islands there is an opportunity to visit places with unique landscapes and the best beaches, the feature of which are volcanic rocks covered with greenery.
Absolutely every, even the most demanding tourist will find exciting things to do and to see in the Philippines
At the same time on the beach you can be active – the rich underwater world of the Philippines provides an opportunity of interesting snorkeling — colorful coral forests, sea stars and sea urchins, a variety of underwater plants of fanciful shapes, fish and turtles — all this you can see right off the coast of the islands.
Barcelona is one of the most visited cities not only in Spain, but also in Europe. This is the center of tourism in Spain. Every day tourists make in Barcelona a countless number of images, by which those who have been here at least for one day, immediately recognize this extraordinary city. Being the second largest city in Spain and the capital of the autonomous region of Catalonia, Barcelona attracts tourists with its rich history, extraordinary architecture, including the buildings of Antoni Gaudi, interesting attractions, bars and restaurants with delicious cuisine, and its unique atmosphere. Attractions of Barcelona ascinate tourists at once:
- Sagrada Familia
- Park Güell
- Casa Milà
- Casa Batlló
- Gothic Quarter
- La Rambla
Barcelona is the center of informative tourism in Spain. There’s no language problem to travel to Barcelona, because people speak either spanish or english there. Barcelona travel guides and maps are always popular and for several years they have been in incredible demand, because every year the number of tourists to the capital of Catalonia increases.
Having been in Barcelona once, you’ll want to come back again, this city knows how to make you love it forever. In addition, no matter how many times you’ve been to Barcelona, you will not get bored, there are always new interesting activities, things to do, events and places to visit and to have fun. Barcelona is beautiful any time of the year thanks to the mild Mediterranean climate.
Barcelona is the most visited city in Spain! In this Travel Guide you will find 66 photos, information about 62 attractions, accommodation, food and reviews about our days in Barcelona.
Tourists also prefer to combine a trip to Barcelona with sightseeing and sea vacation in small resort towns on Costa Brava, Costa Dorada, Costa Blanca, Balearic (Mallorca, Ibiza, Menorca) or Canary Islands (Tenerife, Fuerteventura, Gran Canaria). We have been to Barcelona twice and will surely come back, because it’s impossible to stop loving this magical city.
Canary Islands tourism is becoming more and more popular. Many people got bored of the crowded beach resorts of mainland Europe, and they choose Canary Islands (Tenerife, Gran Canaria, Fuerteventura) for many reasons:
- Wild beaches
- Unusual volcanic landscapes
- Colorful mountain views with trekking
- Endless ocean
- Mild comfortable climate
- Delicious Canarian food.
Tenerife – the largest island of the Canary archipelago. During our first visit to the island, we met a company who shared enthusiastic reviews about Tenerife and told us that they had come for vacation here for the eighth time!
At first it seemed strange to us, but after we spent on the island more time, we understood why many people fall in love with Tenerife – magnificent black beaches, national parks with breathtaking views, “cosmic” landscapes of Teide volcano, boat trips with the opportunity to enjoy the attractions of the island from the ocean and watch dolphins and whales in their natural habitat, a lot of theme parks, where especially tourists with children can have fun on Tenerife, active sports (surfing, kitesurfing, windsurfing, paragliding, diving), Canarian and Spanish cuisine and of course pleasant vacation prices. The days spent in Tenerife are fascinating at any time of the year, because here you can always find things to do and what to see on the island!
If you have the unique chance to meet the sunrise in the higher parts of the island, you will be able to see and enjoy the enormous shadow of the volcano that for a while reaches hundreds of miles into the Atlantic Ocean.
Boracay is the most popular island for vacation in the Philippines, which is one of the most beautiful islands in the world. While White Beach on Boracay is the most popular among tourists both day and night place — the beach, which for several years is included in the Top-10 beautiful world beaches. But Boracay attracts tourists not only with amazing nature – there is everything for rich in emotions and memorable holidays.
Those who prefer relax on the beach on Boracay will spend time with pleasure on the most beautiful wild beaches or beaches with developed infrastructure, and those who prefer leisure activities, will not be bored on Boracay too
- ATV Riding
- Horseback riding
This and much more tourists can go in for to make their vacation on Boracay more interesting. Ideal conditions for kitesurfing made Boracay popular among fans of this sport, and world-class competitions on kitesurfing are held on Boracay on Bulabog beach.
Boracay is also the most popular island for package tours in the Philippines. Many agencies offer different kinds of Boracay vacation packages with airfare, some of them are only flight and hotel packages, some include activities. It’s up to you to decide what to choose if you don’t want to make a self-planned vacation on Boracay, but pay your attention that the cheapest Boracay packages with airfare is easier to find in low season.
We visited Boracay and now we are ready to share the features of spending holidays on the island with those who are going on a trip to the most popular island of the Philippines.
Our article will help you in planning your holidays on Boracay – the best place to have vacation in South-East Asia. After reading our tips, you will know what to expect from the famous Philippine island and how to spend unforgettable days here.
What will you find in this article?
- Transport tips — we describe in details how to get to Boracay – the most popular island in the Philippines
- Budget tips — we show the approximate prices for accommodation, food and entertainment on the island
- Leisure tips — we describe all the entertainments on Boracay island, so that everyone can think in advance what he would like to do on vacation
- Vacation rentals tips — we not only describe the areas of the island and give advice on where it’s better to rent accommodation on Boracay, in this article you will also find a detailed description of the best beaches of Boracay with the best hotels and resorts on different room rates nearby
- Food tips — we share our impressions of the cafes and restaurants of Boracay we visited
Moalboal is a small village on the island of Cebu in the Philippines with a rapidly developing dive destination. You can hardly find random tourists here – Moalboal is popular among snorkeling and diving lovers, because there is an incredibly beautiful coral reef with rich marine life right near the shore in the south-west of the island of Cebu.
Things to do in Moalboal is
- Swimming in the sea with turtles
- Watching the “dances” of multimillion sardines
- Snorkeling at a “home” reef and Pescador island
- Day or night diving
- Rest and snorkeling on beautiful White beach
- Unbelievable underwater images
- Canyoneering on Kawasan waterfall
- Watch incredible sunset
After Busuanga and Palawan island we arrived in Moalboal on the island of Cebu to change the type of our vacation in the Philippines. After boat tours along the lagoons and white beaches of Coron and El Nido, we decided to spend a few days snorkeling at the coral reef of Moalboal.
The structure of the coral reef along the Moalboal shoreline makes it an ideal dive site in the Philippines, you can also go in for freediving and snorkeling. The reef is right at the shore, and in some places it goes to a depth of more than 40 meters. And 3 km from the coast there is Pescador island – another popular place for diving and snorkeling in the Philippines, a feature of which is an underwater cave.
Another reason to go to Moalboal, Philippines was that it is convenient to get to the Kawasan waterfall from here, and we planned to spend a day behind canyoneering on Kawasan waterfall.
- Transport tips — learn about options how to get to Cebu island and then from Cebu City to Moalboal village, do not miss the information on how to get to the main attractions of Cebu island
- Budget tips — we show the estimated prices for food, accommodation and entertainment in Cebu and Moalboal so you can approximately imagine how much money you need
- The list of best places — explore the attractions of not only Moalboal, but also of Cebu island
- Food tips — find out the list of the places where you can eat delicious and cheap food and the places where it is better just to order smoothies and enjoy the sunset
El Nido Nature Reserve in the province of Palawan is a unique place in the Philippines that will satisfy even the most demanding travelers. El Nido Marine Reserve Park is a few dozen of small and medium-sized islands near the northern part of the island of Palawan:
- Incredible bays and lagoons
- Snow-white beaches
- Majestic cliffs
- Pure emerald water
It’s all complemented by rich underwater world with coral gardens and mysterious marine life.
Therefore, absolutely any traveler will find a way to spend time in El Nido Marine Reserve Park.
🎒 If you are planning a trip to the Philippines – be sure to include El Nido in your itinerary.
After visiting El Nido, Palawan at least once, you will leave there a piece of your heart and you will dream of coming back to El Nido!
Palawan claimed top spot based on over 76,000 votes in Conde Nast Traveler’s Readers’ Choice Awards for 2014
In this article we share photos from El Nido, Philippines and talk about things to do in El Nido, Palawan, the places where you can have a good time, eat tasty and delicious food and get bright impressions.
Our tips will help you make an unforgettable trip to El Nido on the island of Palawan and have an idea of the indicative budget for visiting this region in the Philippines.
What will you find in this article?
- Budget tips – we write the estimated cost for food, entertainment and leisure, so that you know how much money you need
- List of the best places – explore the islands of the marine park
- Suggested itinerary – use our itinerary or part of the itinerary to plan your trip so that not to waste your time on it
- Transport tips – find out how to get to the island, read about our experience of renting a motorbike and going with a group boat tour; and do not miss the information on where it’s better not to book a transfer to the airport of the capital of the island – Puerto Princesa airport
- Tips on where to have a meal – find out the list of the places where you can eat delicious and cheap food
On our Philippines vacation in September 2017, we started from the Busuanga Island in the province of Palawan, which is an hour’s flight by plane from the capital of the Philippines — Manila. The area we started from is called Calamian Islands.
A kilometer from the island of Busuanga is the island of Coron. These places in the Philippines attract tourists with their unbelievable nature: snow-white beaches and volcanic rocks, among which freshwater emerald lakes are located.
Moreover, there are wrecks from the Second World War near the island of Coron, which in turn attract to the Philippines divers from all over the world.
Palawan is rated by the Condé Nast Traveler Readers as the most beautiful island in the world and is also rated by the National Geographic Traveler magazine as the best island destination in East and Southeast Asia region in 2007, the 13th best island in the world having “Incredibly beautiful natural seascapes and landscapes. One of the most biodiverse islands in the Philippines…”
In this article, we are going to tell you where you should go on Busuanga Island, Philippines — the places where you can have fun, have a good meal and stay overnight.
Our tips will help you make a perfect trip. This article is for those who want to get the most out of visiting Busuanga and Coron, Palawan and to have an idea of the required budget.
What is this article about?
- Budget tips — Read our tips on saving money, and get approximate prices so you know how much money you will need.
- List of the best places — Explore the unique and beautiful sights of the islands. Visit not only tourist attractions, but also enjoy the opportunity to see something unique.
- The suggested route — Use our route or a part of the route to plan your trip, so as not to waste your time on it.
- Transport tips — Find out in advance all the cheapest routes, using links to local carriers.
- Food tips — Get a list of the best places to eat delicious and cheap food.